Having your photo taken can be awkward, I make it easy.
Many people, maybe even you, feel a little shy around the camera? When I first meet with new clients this is usually one of their biggest concerns. I tell my clients with my photojournalist approach you will never have to worry about being shy or nervous in front of the camera. I want you to forget about the camera and enjoy your wedding day. Your wedding day goes by so fast. I want you to savor every moment.
In addition to my approach, camera confidence building starts with good planning! Let’s review the tips below.
- Make sure you do a hair and makeup trial before the wedding. Your wedding day is not the time be testing new looks. Do not be afraid to speak up if you do not like the way your hair and makeup looks. Your stylist wants to help you look your best and being honest about what you like and don’t like is key.
- Posture: Keep your rib cage lifted and shoulders back in a relax natural way. Push your chin up and a little forward if you feel you have a double chin from time to time, (this is a very common issue.) Practice posture in the mirror. Good posture goes a long way in photos.
- Make sure your dress and tux/suit fits properly. Do a dance test while wearing your outfit so your know you will be comfortable while having fun on your big day!
- Be thorough in your planning so on your wedding day you can be worry free. Delegate tasks to your bridal party before the wedding day, (especially if you do not have a full time wedding planner.) This will help you to relax and not have to worry about every detail.
- Try to stay on schedule. Hair and makeup running late or the limo not arriving on time, are two things that can add unnecessary stress your wedding day. Running late will often reduce the time you allocated to take any planned photos and disrupt all the confidence you were trying to cultivate.
One last way to Camera Confidence For Your Wedding Day. Engagement shoots are a sure fire activity to help develop some camera confidence before your wedding day. It’s a chance to work together and test out what you have learned.
Candid, Natural Wedding Photography for the Modern Couple
Hi, I’m Denise Chastain. I’m so excited that you are considering me to photograph your wedding. You spend your whole wedding day with your photographer. It’s important that you get to know each other before the big day. I have over 20 years’ experience as a wedding photojournalist. I’m here to help you with any questions you may have. Let’s start talking! Call me today at 516.823.7315
“You’ll be too busy having fun to know we were even there!”